Not all are excited by the vrooming sounds of motor-driven vehicles and their lung choking exhausts. For some, their adrenaline rush is subjected to eco and health-friendly paddling on a smart cycle in a natural, peaceful and serene environment. For such cycling buffs, Dubai holds a special place, the Nad Al Sheba cycling park.
Former camel racing track renovated to a cycle track, this place offers everything a cyclist can ask for. It makes for a perfect spot not just for cyclists but also for fitness enthusiasts seeking a healthy arena for work out, kids requiring open spaces for playing, morning/evening joggers, old couple looking after a peaceful spot to spend their enchanted evenings in calm. The bottom line is that the Nad Al Sheba cycle park is a one-stop solution to complete family health and fitness destination.
Address- Muscat St, Dubai
Entry Fee- Free
Opening Hours- 24 hrs open
About the Park
Originally a camel racing track, the Nad Al Sheba took the present-day cycling track transformation for stating the fitness fiascos’ appetite and this turned out to be amazing for all. Apart from three cycling loops of different sizes, the park offers lush green surroundings with patches of desert terrains and smartly placed sitting benches. The tracks for cycling are not just a loop to paddle around but a passage of an ecstatic bike ride. They are arched with picturesque landscapes (some of which have marked their presence in Hollywood movies even), rest points, smooth and clean path, and a fantastic view of both Khalifa and Dubai Downtown. This unique park has taken cycling in Dubai to a more fun level.
- A family-friendly destination with cycling and racing tracks of 4,6 and 8 km paths.
- Contains essential facilities like showers, parking, restrooms, and lockers.
- After sun lights to guide cyclists in dark (cyclists are required to have lights on their bikes as well)
- Road signs, speed breakers, and roundabouts for safety.
- Fresh and energetic ambiance suiting all age groups.
- Perfect place for exercise regimes and walkouts.
- Tantalizing view of Dubai
Read More: The 11 Exciting Things to Do in Dubai for Thrill-Seekers
The cycling tracks are the stars of this arena as they make your way towards a happening cycle ride. Suitable for all age groups and proficiency levels, the three tracks are smartly developed for a fun yet safe passage. Salient features of the tracks are:
Today's view in #nadalsheba, #mydubai pic.twitter.com/7U5xFsWpCB
— Caitlyn Davey (@Cait_12) March 21, 2016
- Clean, smooth, and easy to paddle surfacing with balanced friction.
- Kids and senior citizens friendly.
- Generous lighting throughout the passage for a late night or early morning ride.
- Rest points with benches at regular intervals.
- Anti-skid arches and turns.
- Beautiful surroundings on both sides of the track for a merry ride.
- Important instructions and safety signs for beginners.
Other Offerings by the park
Nad Al Sheba is not just about cycling but way more. It is a full fitness zone where you can find perfect spots and an environment to perform your daily fitness routine, whether it’s yoga, an intense workout, or a normal walk. The energetic ambiance of the park makes it one of the most visited places by fitness freaks.
For those who don’t own a cycle, the park has a facility of a bike on rent. You can rent a cycle starting from AED 50.
Note: if interested then you can also join the cyclists’ club ‘Dubai Roadsters‘ which is active for 17 years and welcomes all age cyclists.
So, if you want to give yourself a healthy cycling ride and to your eco-friendly wheels a perfect track, then carries all your safety equipment and make your way to Nad Al Sheba Park.
[…] to know about more hidden treasures in Dubai and UAE? Read our blogs on the Nad Al Sheba Cycling Park, Dubai Zoo, and Sharjah Desert […]
[…] to know about more hidden treasures in Dubai and UAE? Read our blogs on the Nad Al Sheba Cycling Park, Hatta Trek, and Sharjah Desert […]
[…] to know about more hidden treasures in Dubai and UAE? Read our blogs on the Nad Al Sheba Cycling Park, Dubai Zoo, and Hatta […]